Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Filipino Poets and Their Poems



Last Piece in the Puzzle of My life
Vic P. Yambao
      
The sweetness of your Voice
Your soul searching eyes
Throw in the smiling lips
 Makes my life complete

Missing you,when you're gone
But frozen stiff
when you're around
As my worthless life
is now complete
This dream might end... 
if I'll stir...  



Who Am I
Brian Joseph Sy
 
Who am I to blindly believe that
I can become parcel of this sacred ground?
To pretend that I am a strong wind
to guide your ever sturdy wings

Who am I to change this persistent blue rain?
To pretend that I can wash the sorrows away
from your ever beating heart

Who am I to care for this mortified soul?
To pretend that sanctity ascends in my
figureless touch… 

I am none. Transcending only the littlest of
existence only meager eyes could see.
In the skies I plead alms
to catch your merciful grace;
 
To rescue me from this 
lonesome cloud of misery 
that I call self



 Friendship
Vener Santos
 
Days will pass,
And things will grow old.
Flowers will bloom,
And soon will decay.
But when friendship starts,
All of the year it will remain fresh.

Friends will grow old,
But friendship will never.
As long as we both care,
It will remain young forever.
Death will separate it on earth,
But it will reborn in heaven.



Distillation
Jan L. Velasco

Watching the rain spilling down, 
drowning the earth below, 
reminds me of 
life's perpetual change.
 
The storm that we dread, 
is a sea of kindness 
that lifts--the mask 
of (world's) avarice and sufferings 
and fills the thirst, up to the brim of our souls. 



Tracing You
Kristina Aquino
  
Imagine the train tracks,
the train speeding away from you.
We were somewhere 
and someone else a minute ago.

So I give you this,
the poet, the imagined martyr,
unmoving in her seat--she is one
of the firsts, she is daybreak today-- 
it does nothing but stare back.
She is so still the train stops with her.
"Cubao", she mouths.

Imagine the train tracks,
the train speeding away from
you, Cubao.
We were with you
some minute ago.

There are buildings
on the way to the end of the line,
but structure
eliminates the idea of a horizon.
It is sad when imagined things
start dying, too.


Reaction: (Friendship by Vener Santos)
     I chose the poem friendship and make it my favorite because it values friendship. It talks about us, the Filipinos, who are in nature very friendly. We treasure our friends so much. We care about them in every way, we share laughter and tears. Friends make us complete. Some friends fought because of misunderstandings however this will fade and will be a new beginning again. Friendship will continue to be stronger and no one can break it not even death can stop it.

Biography Of Vener Santos:

Vener Santos was born on May 16,1967 and is from Saint Joseph.

Vener Santos Education and Work:
  • Macon College from 1985 to 1989
  • Work Experience: Yodeler at T-Mobile, Blockbuster Inc. 
Vener's Personal Information:
  • Hobbies: Papermaking, Birding, Candle Making
  • Favorite TV Shows: CSI: NY, Family Guy
  • Favorite Movies: The Great Dictator (1940), A Clockwork Orange (1971), Requiem for a Dream (2000), Sleuth (1972)
  • Favorite Music: Patti Page, Led Zeppelin, Backstreet Boys, Barbra Streisand, Alla Pugacheva
  • Favorite Books: Everything That Rises Must Converge Flannery OConnor
Relatives Of Vener:
  • Maria Santos
  • Jose Santos
  • Carlos Santos
  • Michelle Santos
  • John Santos
  • Alex Santos
  • Angel Santos
  • Ryan Santos
  • Daniel Santos
  • Jessica Santos

3 comments:

  1. how can we assure that the biography you give are true ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the biography of brian joseph sy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the biography of brian joseph sy

    ReplyDelete